You’ve decided to start exhibiting at trade shows. Now what? While choosing a trade show may seem like a daunting task, let us help you break it down quickly so you can get right down to business.
Benefits of Trade Shows
First we’ll start with the benefits. Trade shows can provide a number of benefits to businesses, including the opportunity to showcase new products and services, connect with potential customers and partners, and gather market insights and industry trends. They can also be a great way to build brand awareness and generate leads. Additionally, attending trade shows can be a valuable learning opportunity, as they often feature seminars and workshops on relevant topics.
Types of Trade Shows
Next, we’ll break down the types of trade shows. While there are many different types of trade shows you can exhibit at, choosing the right one for your brand and business is key to your success. Here’s a list of the different types of trade shows you could be attending:
- B2B (Business-to-Business) trade shows, where businesses showcase their products and services to other businesses.
- B2C (Business-to-Consumer) trade shows, where businesses showcase their products and services to consumers.
- Industry-specific trade shows, where businesses in a specific industry showcase their products and services to relevant businesses and consumers.
- International trade shows, where businesses from various countries showcase their products and services to a global audience.
- Virtual trade shows, where businesses showcase their products and services online through virtual platforms.
- Pop-up trade shows, where businesses showcase their products and services in temporary locations or spaces.
- Trade fairs, where businesses showcase their products and services to a local or regional audience.
- Trade expositions, where businesses showcase their products and services to a national or international audience.
Once you’ve researched and decided on the type of trade show to sign up for, it’s time to research the trade shows that are relevant to your industry and business goals. To get the most of of your time and investment, also take into consideration the following:
- Consider the location and accessibility of the trade show.
- Look at the past attendance and exhibitor lists to gauge the quality and relevance of the trade show.
- Consider the cost and potential return on investment for attending the trade show.
- Reach out to other industry professionals and organizations for recommendations and advice.
- Attend the trade show if it aligns with your business goals and offers a good opportunity to network and showcase your products or services.
Choosing Your Trade Show Display
Now that the hard part is done (choosing which trade shows to exhibit at), here comes the fun part: getting creative and designing your booth space! This is also where we can help guide you, considering our 28 years in the business.
First things first, and most importantly, when you begin your search for a trade show display you must consider the size of your booth space. Starting here will allow you to filter out what is too small or too large for your booth.
While different shapes and styles might work for other businesses, the best trade show display is one that effectively showcases your company’s products or services, attracts attention and engagement from potential customers, and is easy to set up and break down. Some features that can make a trade show display effective include a clear and concise message, high-quality visuals, interactive elements, and a functional and visually appealing design.
When exhibiting at a trade show, the venue and location you choose are just as important (if not more important) as the design of your booth space. Both should equally reflect your brand and business to provide optimal results and gain new customers. Some popular styles to choose from include: tension fabric displays, pop-up displays, retractable banner stands, custom build displays, and much more.
Not sure where to start with your trade show display search? Consider browsing our extensive website, AffordableDisplays.com, or giving us a call at 800-723-2050 so we can guide you in real time to narrow down your options.
Make sure to also check out our complete line of promotional products and giveaways to further promote your business after you’ve left the trade show floor.